Truppman Law Office specializes in Bad Faith insurance litigation in Miami Dade County Florida, Call us at 305-374-7974 To arrange a consultation.
“Bad Faith” from an insurance company usually involves a failure by the insurance company to honor the terms of the contract of insurance with a policyholder or to comply with standards established by Florida law. Florida Statute 624.155 provides for civil remedies for policyholders who become the victims of bad faith insurance practices. Because bad faith practices are not always obvious even to most attorneys, you need an attorney who is experienced in insurance law and can recognize the signs of a valid bad faith insurance case.
Some examples of conduct by an insurance company that can support a “Bad Faith” claim are:
- Failure to investigate a claim in a proper and reasonable manner
- Withholding benefits without cause
- Delaying payment of claims for unreasonable length of time
- Denying coverage
- Denying payment on claims
- Underpaying claims
- Undervaluing a claim
- Unfairly refusing to settle and/or reimburse claims
- Abusive or unreasonable claims process
- Cancellation of insurance policy unjustly
- Using unreasonable interpretations in translating policy language
You have the right to any and all benefits specified in your policy and do not have to settle for a denial or underpaid claim. Our experienced bad faith law attorneys seek payment of your claim and payment of any consequential damages resulting from your insurance company’s failure to pay your claim. In some cases, we may be able to seek punitive damages against the insurer as well.
The attorneys at Harold B. Klite Truppman have been achieving exceptional results for victims of insurance bad faith since 1990. To arrange a consultation, please call 305-374-7974 or complete the email form below.